EndNote now makes collaboration easier by allowing you to share your library with colleagues. Sharing relies on syncing your desktop library with the online version of EndNote (EndNote Basic/Online/Web), so you must first set up your online EndNote account and fully sync your library before you can share.
Library sharing was introduced with the EndNote X7.2 update.
There are two methods for setting up an EndNote online account.
- In EndNote desktop, from the main Library window, click the Sync button that appears in the toolbar to open an EndNote online login dialog. Click the Sign Up button to begin the registration and activation process. Follow the online instructions.
- In EndNote desktop, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences > Sync Preferences. Click the Enable Sync button to go to the EndNote online login dialog. Click the Sign Up button to begin the registration and activation process. Follow the online instructions.
EndNote X7’s library sharing features:
- Share you library with anyone who’s using EndNote X7 (up to 14 people, plus yourself)
- Share your entire EndNote library, including references, PDFs, and annotations
- Everyone can add to, annotate and use the library – at the same time
- There’s no charge for sharing, no library size limit and no charge for unlimited cloud storage