Looking for a tool to help you index and organize your research papers online? Described by some folks as “iTunes for researchers,” Mendeley is a free reference manager and PDF organizer. OK, you currently use RefWorks or EndNote for managing references, so why consider yet another one?
Mendeley is unique in that it’s designed to be an academic social networking tool as well as a platform-independent citation management application. Mendeley Web is a social network where you can create groups, invite friends (fellow researchers), and stay up to date on what other people are reading. Mendeley combines an easy to use web-based interface with a desktop application for managing your citations and online documents. The Mendeley desktop tool is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux, and there are versions available for the iPhone and iPad.
Some of Mendeley’s main features include:
- Automatically generates bibliographies
- Easy to Collaborate with other researchers online
- Easily import papers from other research software
- Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- Access your papers from anywhere online
- Read papers on the go, with a new iPhone app
Use the following links to read more about Mendeley: