The UCSF Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE) is getting an update! The CLE (powered by Moodle) will be upgraded from version 2.7 to 3.2 on July 1, 2017. Although we are still working on finalizing some details, we would like to give you a quick heads-up that some exciting new features are coming your way.
Here are some highlights of the most notable updates:
- Global Search—This long-awaited feature is finally with us! With this powerful search tool, you can search everywhere on the CLE that you have access to. A student can search their courses for particular lecture notes, for example, or an instructor could search for subject-related activities.
- Recycle Bin—You no longer need to panic when you accidentally delete something you didn’t mean to. The Recycle Bin allows course instructors and managers to retrieve course elements they have mistakenly deleted. Category Managers can also restore courses.
- Quiz—We are introducing the exciting new question types!
- Select missing words
- Drag and drop into text
- Drag and drop onto image
- Forum—Tired of deleting all the notification emails? With the updated Forum, your Inbox management becomes a little bit easier—it lets you subscribe to individual discussions instead of entire threads. You can also reply to posts by replying to the notification emails.
- Gradebook—We’ll be introducing a new aggregation method called Natural grading. Coupled with the improved user interface, your grading experience will become a lot less stressful!
Image source: Moodle.org