A new collaboration feature for the Media@UCSF plug-in for the CLE is now available. Transfer ownership of your media to others, add co-editors and co-publishers in the CLE with just a few simple clicks!
What does it do?
You are the owner of the media you upload to the CLE using Media@UCSF plug-in. No one else can manage the media you own unless you add co-editors/co-publishers. This new collaboration feature is helpful when, for example, an instructor wants to allow their co-instructors or TAs to edit the videos they uploaded to the CLE, or when an instructor wishes to share their videos with their colleagues so that they can publish the videos in their CLE courses as well.
Media owners can also transfer media ownership to others. Use cases for this feature include an instructor leaving UCSF or turning over the management of a CLE course to another instructor. NOTE: When you transfer ownership, the original owner will no longer have access to the media.
Roles and Permissions
- Media Owner—Edit, publish and re-assign ownership of the media to others
- Co-Editor—Edit media (trim, change thumbnail image, add files, add captions etc.)
- Co-Publisher—Publish the media in their own courses
Where can I find it?
- Log in to the CLE
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner, then click My Media
- Click the Edit button next to a video
- Click on the new Collaboration tab
- Use the Change media owner or Add Collaborator button
- Search for the person by name or ID number, and apply the change!