We are excited to announce the 2016 Tech Clinics offered through the UCSF Library Tech Commons. Are you a UCSF community member with a CLE, multimedia, or eLearning question? Attend a Tech Clinic and get the information you need for a successful start to the quarter!
Tech Clinics are scheduled on the second and fourth Friday of the month, from 9am-4pm at the UCSF Parnassus Library. Each Clinic starts with a CLE Basics training held from 9-10:30am. Additional workshops and demos will be held throughout the quarter and will focus on:
- eLearning & Multimedia Grab Bag – for those interested in learning more about the eLearning authoring tools and multimedia software supported in the UCSF Tech Commons
- CLE Quiz and Question Bank Demo – learn about managing online exams (or quizzes) in the CLE
- CLE Gradebook Demo – tips and tricks for your CLE gradebook
- CLE Forum Demo – encourage online student participation with the forum activity in the CLE
- CLE Groups and Groupings Demo – for those interested in tips and tricks for using Groups and Groupings in your CLE course (this training is recommended for the advanced CLE user)
The first Tech Clinic of 2016 is scheduled on Friday, January 8 at the UCSF Library. For those new to the CLE, we will be holding the CLE Basics workshop two times during the January 8 Clinic – from 9-10:30am and from 1:30-3pm. CLE Basics is a 90 minute training designed for new UCSF faculty and staff, or for those who would like a CLE refresher!
Register and attend either workshop (9-10:30am or 1:30-3pm), or stop by between 9am-4pm to meet with a Learning Tech Specialist. Just indicate when you will be attending while registering for the Tech Clinic.
Can’t join us at the Library? Indicate you will be attending the Clinic remotely by selecting the WebEx option during registration.
We would love to see you again! Return for another Clinic to address follow-up questions, student feedback, and best practices for next quarter. Below are the Tech Clinics scheduled for 2016 and links to register:
- Friday, January 22, 9am-4pm
- Friday, February 12, 9am-4pm
- Friday, February 26, 9am-4pm
- Friday, March 11, 9am-4pm
- Friday, April 8, 9am-4pm
- Friday, April 22, 9am-4pm
- Friday, May 13, 9am-4pm
- Friday, June 10, 9am-4pm
- Friday, June 24, 9am-4pm
- Friday, July 8, 9am-4pm
- Friday, July 22, 9am-4pm
- Friday, August 12, 9am-4pm
- Friday, August 26, 9am-4pm
- Friday, September 9, 9am-4pm
- Friday, September 23, 9am-4pm
- Friday, October 14, 9am-4pm
- Friday, October 28, 9am-4pm
- Thursday, November 10, 9am-4pm
- Friday, December 2, 9am-4pm
- Friday, December 16, 9am-4pm
Have questions about UCSF Library’s Tech Clinics? Contact a Learning Tech Specialist today or just leave a comment below!