The Learning Technologies Group had a great time with the 2014 Tech Clinics and we were able to help with CLE and multimedia projects along the way! Here are a few examples of UCSF projects that faculty and staff brought to the Tech Clinics: CLE gradebook questions, Articulate module development, Media@UCSF integration in CLE courses, online exam review for finals and midterms, and we even helped support a UCSF podcast!
2015 is going to be even better and you can register for an upcoming Tech Clinic today! Tech Clinics are held at the UCSF Library, every second and fourth Friday of the month, from 9am-4pm. We encourage people to register in advance, but drop-ins are welcome. Each Clinic offers short presentations and demos on popular topics throughout the day, as well as one-on-one support opportunities with Learning Technologies staff.
Here is what people are saying about the Tech Clinics:
“The Tech Clinic is a valuable, convenient, and wonderful resource. All my tech questions were answered and I received a follow-up email with additional resources to help me with my project. I appreciate the knowledge of the staff and how quick we were able to cover things. I look forward to using the service again in the future and will refer others to this great service.”
– Robert Kirkbride | Event Production | Campus Life Services, Arts & Events
2015 Tech Clinic Topics include:
- CLE Basics: This 90 minute training is offered on-demand at the start of every Tech Clinic. Have new staff or faculty using the CLE? This is the perfect opportunity to get them started on the right foot!
- Integrate video in a CLE Course: Learn about new ways to incorporate video in your CLE course, including adding media assignments, creating Media Galleries, and using the screen recorder. Click to Register Now!
- Get to know the Storyline Suite: We are thrilled to have Articulate Storyline available in the Tech Commons. Come see a demo of this powerful software and start your next UCSF project! Click to Register Now!
- Online Exam and Gradebook: Have questions about CLE exams before, during, or after the quarter? Need to fix a grading issue? The Tech Clinic is the place to get your questions answered! Click to Register Now!
- CLE Course Design Tips: The CLE has changed (for the better)! Learn how to get the most out of these improvements and design courses for students using mobile devices. Click to Register Now!
- Screencasting with Camtasia: Need to demonstrate how to use an application or website? Camtasia is a screencasting software used and supported in the Tech Commons’ eLearning Studio (CL-245). Camtasia is system agnostic (available on both the Mac and PC platforms).
2015 UCSF Library’s Tech Clinic Schedule (click the link for more information and to register):
- Friday, January 23, 9am-4pm
- Friday, February 13, 9am-4pm
- Friday, February 27, 9am-4pm
- Friday, March 13, 9am-4pm
- Thursday, March 26, 9am-4pm
- Friday, April 10, 9am-4pm
- Friday, April 24, 9am-4pm
- Friday, May 8, 9am-4pm
- Friday, May 22, 9am-4pm
Just a few reminders from last year’s Clinics:
- Too busy to make it the UCSF Parnassus Library for a Clinic? Attend remotely using WebEx
- Attend a CLE Roundtable to collaborate with other faculty and staff using the CLE (held from 12-1pm during every Clinic)
- Film a faculty interview in the eLearning Studio during a Tech Clinic
- Repeat! Return for another Clinic for follow-up questions and best practices for next quarter
Have questions about the UCSF Library’s Tech Clinics? Contact the Learning Technologies Group today!
Kemi Amin from the UCSF Library