The Attendance activity is installed on the CLE and can be added to a CLE course the same way you add other activities. Instructors and course staff can mark the attendance status for students as Present, Absent, Late, or Excused. These status descriptions are configurable, and more can be added and reported to the course gradebook.
Follow the instructions below to add the Attendance activity to a CLE course today:
- Log in to the CLE at cle.ucsf.edu.
- Go to the CLE course where you would like to track attendance.
- From the Administration block or from the top-right of the CLE, select Turn editing on (or use the Turn editing on button located in the top-right corner).
- From the list of Activities, select the Attendance activity, then scroll to the bottom of the window and click Add.
- This will take you to your new Attendance settings’ page where you can configure Attendance settings.
Instructors can also add the Attendance block that provides instructors and students with a shortcut to attendance information. Once you have added the Attendance activity to a CLE course, you can also optionally add the Attendance block. Follow the instructions below to add the block to a CLE course:
- Turn editing on in a course where the Attendance activity has already been added.
- From the Add a Block drop-down menu, select Attendance to add the block to the course.
For support using the Attendance activity during the pilot, please see Moodle.org or the UMass Support Center. YouTube also has a great video showcasing the Attendance activity from Oklahoma Baptist University. As we progress through the pilot, the Learning Technologies Group will develop support documentation based on how the activity and block are being used at UCSF.
Have you used the Attendance module and/or block and have feedback about the pilot? Please submit your feedback in the CLE Attendance Pilot Survey.
Image Credit: “Users” designed by Wilson Joseph from the Noun Project