…It’s been here for years. I’m not talking about LL Cool J’s career. I’m talking about the eLearning Studio located in the UCSF Parnassus Library Tech Commons, room CL-245.
The room’s not new, but the Learning Technologies Group (LTG) is continuing to encourage the UCSF community to take advantage of all the features that are available to them. Take a look at this pic for some highlights of the software and hardware available in the Studio:
The LTG have helped hundreds of staff, students, and faculty with projects like:
- Creating presentations for showing at conferences that they can’t attend
- Adding narration, interactivity, and graded quiz questions to PowerPoint lectures
- Creating screencasts for training in a website database
- Flipping the classroom and creating engaging online learning
- Recording interviews and editing the final footage
- Annotating video screencasts and narration of a piece of software in action
- Digitizing analog media and archiving the footage
If you’re working on a project like this or have another need in mind, go ahead and reserve the eLearning Studio for a time that’s convenient for you. If you need any software or equipment support or would like an orientation to figure out the best way to get your project done, contact the Learning Technologies Group to schedule an appointment.
And, as always, check out the Learning Tech Support Center for how-to guides and instructions on using the software and equipment in the Tech Commons.
This post is part two of a two part series on What’s New at the UCSF Tech Commons.
Image Credit: Dylan Romero