The gradebook tool is an integral part of every Moodle course. It allows instructors to organize and calculate grades, and then present the results to students so they can track their progress in the course. With a wide variety of settings, options and calculations methods available, managing the gradebook can be a challenge.
To help you through the process of setting up and maintaining a gradebook, the Learning Technologies Group has created a comprehensive training document on the subject, and it’s available in our Moodle 2 Support Center:
Topics covered in this document include:
- Understanding the difference between “manual” and “activity-based” grade items.
- Setting up categories to organize your grade items.
- Difference methods for entering grades, including details on the import from CSV process.
- Understanding the difference between “overriding” and “overwriting” grades in the grader report.
- Tips, tricks, and pitfalls to avoid.
Please check it out, and as always, contact us if you have any comments or questions!