After integrating Lorenzo’s very helpful sample into our code base, we ran into a couple of issues. First, the script was exiting before the specs were finished running. The sample code had a small number of specs to run so it never ran into that problem. Ilios has hundreds of specs and seemed to exit after running around 13 or so.
I patched the code to have it wait until it saw an indication in the DOM that the specs had finished running. Now we ran into the second issue: The return code from the script indicated success even when one of the specs failed. For Travis, it needed to supply a return code indicating failure. That was an easy enough patch, although I received props for cleverness from a teammate.
I sent a pull request to the original project so others could benefit from the changes. Lorenzo not only merged the pull request but put a nice, prominent note on the article letting people know, even linking to my GitHub page (which I then hurriedly updated).
So, if you’re using Jasmine and Travis but don’t have the two yet integrated, check out Lorenzo’s repo on GitHub and stop procrastinating!